Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Hospital appointments and all that jazz!


Hello everyone and I hope you are keeping well x
Today we had a hospital appointment at our hospital.  Our youngest has a slight turn in her eyes which needs attention so after waiting for five months for a appointment we were finally seen.  The clinic was running being which meant we were waiting for four hours.  (how I wish I had taken my knitting!)  Not that I'm complaining about that.  They are busy and do a great job so a little wait has become something we all expect.  What my gripe is, is that while we sat there I overheard a conversation between a Doctor and receptionist saying that twelve people had either cancelled or DNA (did not attend) for that morning session.  Now I know that emergency's crop up and life doesn't always go to plan BUT Twelve!  I urge people to think very carefully before they cancel a appointment on the day its for.  Waiting lists are so long that this would surely shorten them if the appointment could be offered to someone else?   We have a Nation Health Service which is free unlike many other parts of the world. Its struggling as it is .  Why not give them a helping hand?
Any hoo...........   That's my thought of the day!

2 comments:

Kandi said...

That is a real pain, you would think that with that many cancellations your would have been seen quicker if anything? Hope it goes well and she gets sorted though!
Kandi x

crafting uk mum said...

thank you. She will be fine im sure. Yes we couldnt understand the delay but hey ho!
I was just so frustrated yesterday at waiting so long for the appointment and then the ammount of people that had concelled theirs!
nevermind!

Three girls.

Hello my lovlies! This week one the BBC there has been a series running called three girls. It tells the story of the grooming of British...