Friday, 23 January 2015

In the bleak mid winter!

Hello! Boy its cold!
 I'm not one to feel the cold really but these last few days have been icy. Its good I haven't had to go out much so I could snuggle up under the blankets and knit or crochet. Ive made a start on another cowl poncho. I just love the way the ribbing comes together and is so bouncy and soft. Perfect to snuggle your face down out of the wind.  Here's my lovely niece  modelling for me so I could get a good picture.


 I'm totally in love with the colours and especially love the burnt orange.  I could see myself knitting a cardigan out of that colour.

I have also made a start on a baby cot blanket in a lovely mint and white stripe.  its a beautiful mix of colours.  I am crocheting using the "V" stitch and its working out quite nicely.



Oh course I had to use a green hook to make it! 
The start of the year is always a good time to start a diary.  I have kept one for many years and have kept the last seven years worth on my bookshelf.  I really wish I had kept more of them as I enjoy reading them back and remembering little things or moments i had written about.  This year is the first year that Princess CM has kept a diary.  shes still only nine but its lovely to see her recording moments of her day each evening.  Bless her she has been really diligent in completing her diary entry each day.  Ive encouraged her to write her prayers down too as then when they are answered she has a record to look back on.  She decided our diaries were too bland and boring so gave then a makeover!

We can certainly see them at a distance now!  Do you keep a diary? If not I encourage you to do so.  It needed be a essay writing experience each day, just a few words to record your thoughts and feelings.  Diary keeping is not just for teenagers you know!

I am off to a ladies retreat today with our church.  I'm so looking forward to a bit of me time.  Sharing time with like minded ladies over bible, food and friendship.
Well I guess its time to go now.  Have a lovely weekend whatever you are doing.
Bye for now


2 comments:

Winkel's Crazy Ideas said...

I do so love the way it fits so snug and cosy, love the colour combo too! I have kept diaries in periods, afraid l burnt them a few years back. Suppose my blog is a kind of diary in a small way. Whereas my diaries tend to get written in tough times, my blog is meant to represent some of the lovely things in my life. So sweet of your daughter to decorate your diaries, they look so lovely :)! Wish you a happy weekend, Pam x

crafty-mum said...

Thanks for your comment. It's good to hear from people stopping by. Have a great weekend x

Three girls.

Hello my lovlies! This week one the BBC there has been a series running called three girls. It tells the story of the grooming of British...