Sunday, 8 March 2015

Spring into march!

Hello again. sorry for the long absence. it seems the winter bug got the better of us. We all ended up with it. A very nasty virus which still hasn't left to be honest. Ive heard that the cough it leaves you with has been called the 100 day cough by GPs because of the length of time it stays with you. Bloomin thing!
  Well on to better things!
I finally finished a pair of socks that I had been promising my niece.  Bless her they have been on the needles for two years!  I fell foul of the second sock syndrome!  But at last they are finished and delivered to a very grateful (and now cosy footed) teenager.  I'm quite grateful that a teenager would want to wear my makes.  She also has other knitted items that she wears quite often.  It makes my heart happy to know my makes bring other  people joy!


Ive also started work on a owl blanket.  It comes from a free pattern that can be found here.   It has been quite nice to work on something that I haven't really had to think too hard about while Ive been ill.  its worked up quite well but I have found that the ends have started to curl so I think Ive made a mistake somewhere!


Its not made for anyone in particular so theres no time limit so I have time to sort out the problem.  I think that maybe its just not enough increases in the rows.  I love the little eyes peering out!
I crochet once a week with two other ladies and even though they have been crocheting under a year they are going great guns!  There are blankets and throws being created as we speak!  They have picked it up really well!  I will share some of their work with you soon.
Well its time to go.  Please pop by again soon. Have a blessed week!
Bye for now

No comments:

Three girls.

Hello my lovlies! This week one the BBC there has been a series running called three girls. It tells the story of the grooming of British...