The PB Family

A UK Family lifestyle and beauty Blog. We are a family who range in age from 2 months - 70years! Join us as we review items, live our daily life and discuss the worlds happenings!

Tuesday 26 September 2023

Oh no I mentioned the C word!

 Hello lovelies!

the weather has certainly changed hasn't it?  I cant believe its only a week since the sun was out and we were all swelting in heat in the late twenties!  September has returned to its normal conditions for this time of year.  I cant say I'm disappointed.   I really struggle in the hot weather if I'm honest and much prefer the autumn and spring months.  

For the last three years I have been part time at my job and full time at university.  All this is to change now I've comp0leted my degree and from October I will be full time.  So I'm making the most of the extra days and hours I have by finishing up some of the crafting projects that i have hanging around that are half finished.  The first of which is this wreath.



I like it but I do wish I hadn't stuck quite so many pompoms on it.  I think it makes it look a little bit busy.  still its completed and ready to put up at Christmas.  One of my friends saw it and have asked me to knit them one as well!  I guess id better get the knitting needles out! Knitting and crochet is something I enjoy doing while watching telly.  It helps me to sit still and focus on something.  My nanny first taught me when I was a child and its something that I have done on and off for the majority of my life.  Both my Nanny and Mother were avid knitters and so I guess I inherited the gene!

The other project I am working on right now is a patchwork quilt for Miss PB who will be 18yrs old in November.  It really has been a labour of love.  I will never again attempt such a big project!  It is double bed size and despite starting at the beginning of the year I have just got to the part where I can start to sew the edging.  Every piece of the quilt has been sewn by hand.  Its not perfect but it is made with love and its something she can keep for years.  Maybe when she is away at university she can wrap herself in and be comforted by thoughts of home.  

Well enough waffling on from me!

I hope to see you back here in my little piece of the internet soon

Bye for now








Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home