The PB Family

A UK Family lifestyle and beauty Blog. We are a family who range in age from 2 months - 70years! Join us as we review items, live our daily life and discuss the worlds happenings!

Saturday 21 January 2012

keeping things for best

Last week I decided to buy a teapot. Our eldest and his family had given us some Argos vouchers for Christmas and we had some left over do I thought id use them.
I decided on this one here 

At that time it was £12.99 but you got a set of teacups and saucers free with it so I thought it was quite a good deal.  That's until I got it home.  The quality was terrible.  Really rough edges and you struggled to get a decent amount of tea out of it.  So back it went. 
I thought I would look in Tesco or Asda when we did our shop.  Then I decide to give my china a quick once over.  Anyone who knows me knows how much I love my china! I have a lovely collection of vintage tea sets and cups and saucers mostly bought from charity shops and car boot sales.  I was washing my teapot which is kept on the kitchen  window sill and I thought "why not use this teapot?" "ooo no"  I said to myself  "that one is for best"  ( I often have these conversation with myself or God when I'm poodling round!)

My Christmas present from my daughter

But when does best come around?  Is it when rarely seen relatives come over?  When old friends come around for a cuppa?  I think that I am wonderfully and perfectly made (Psalm 139:14) Good tells me so, so I believe it!   So every day should be a special day.  A day for bringing out the best and using the best and being the best.
My first cuppa which  enjoy on my own in the morning thinking about the day and having time just me and God. The second I have with Mr CM about 8am where we are rushing around getting things ready.  Then the third we have together at around 9.30 am when princess and Son 3 have left for school/college the house is quiet and we have chance to talk.  All those are special cups of teas.  When my mother visits and we knit over a cuppa.  That's a special time too..  When friends come over and we catch up on each others news, once again this is a special time.
So now my "for best" teapot gets used everyday!

Oh course this applies to other things (not just teapots!)  Why not put on those shoes you have been keeping for best,  give yourself a spray of that expensive perfume you have kept for special occasions.
Just make today the "best" day.  Go on you deserve it!
Bye Bye for now

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 22 January 2012 at 13:25 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this and it made me smile so much, it is soo true we do save things or best. However after reading this beautiful piece of writing I too will make everyday my very best day.
Thank you for sharing.
Much Love Tasha xxxxx

 
At 22 January 2012 at 18:52 , Blogger ThePBFamily said...

thank you for your lovely comment xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home